Why Mentoring Matters
The following insights are summarized from a recently speaking engagement and shared in hope that you will find a mentor or become a mentor. A mentor is a guide and a great one is an enabler, with the power to lift you to unprecedented heights with their investment and commitment in you.
Here are some of the reasons why mentors and mentoring matters:
- Great Mentors must have these redeeming attributes – integrity, hope, and passion
- Great mentors provide intangible resources and vital tools not readily available or accessible due to their experience
- Great mentors are the proverbial ‘wind’ beneath one’s wings and propel one to greater heights
- Great mentors show interest in your success and are committed to you
- Great mentors are vested in your success and take your issues personally
- Great mentors are aligned with your best interest and ensure you succeed
- Great mentors using mentoring as an opportunity to focus on helping you be the best you can be
- Mentoring is a way to elevate your standing and position in life. Proverbs 13:20 — (S)He that walketh with wise [men/women] shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
To your continued success,
Dr. ‘Flo Falayi is a Leadership Consultant and Coach enabling, empowering and developing next generation leaders and organizations. The Founder of The Hybrid Leadership Institute and referred to as The Hybrid Leader™- American Born, British Educated, and Nigerian Raised.
Follow Dr. Flo on Twitter @DrFloFalayi