Top 10 Quotes On Critical Thinking
Quotes on Critical Thinking
In a world of growing uncertainty, one thing is certain the need for critical thinkers who can size up situations,
realize the upsides, advantages where others may not, through prompt decision making.
Here are 10 quotes on the value and power of critical thinking.
- “Believing is easier than thinking. Hence so many more believers than thinkers.” – Bruce Calvert
- “Irons rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.” – Alan Alda
- “The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds.” – Will Durant
- “Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to.” – Howard Mumford Jones
- “[Thinking is] what a great many people think they are doing when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.” – William James
- “People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you’re thinking in order to make your thinking better.” – Richard W. Paul
- “Freedom of speech is unnecessary if the people to whom it is granted do not think for themselves.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- “Critical thinking is the ability to evaluate options, weigh aberrations and make unforced decisions.” – John Baldoni